COVID – 19 (Coronavirus)
The health and wellbeing of our workers, our customers, and all those we come into contact with during the working day is our top priority.
We are therefore continually monitoring the developing situation with COVID- 19.
We are recommending the business as usual approach, unless you begin to display symptoms of a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if your symptoms are mild), you should immediately stay indoors (self-isolate) and avoid contact with other people as you would with the flu. This should be a period of 7 days.
If your condition has worsened after the 7 day isolation then please use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do next.
If someone becomes unwell in the workplace and has returned from any of the high-risk countries, we suggest the government guidelines are followed:
Customers:We will continue to provide your security provision in line with operational needs and expectations.
Our actions and advice: For our workers:
- We recommend to always have tissues handy and use them to catch your cough or sneezes. Bin the tissue, and wash your hands afterwards followed by sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water (recommendation every two hours) – it is recommended that you should wash your hands for approximately 20 to 30 seconds. Use a hand sanitiser gel if soap and water isn’t available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- We encourage all staff with laptops to take them home in the evenings in case they are unable to be in the office the following day.
- Anyone feeling at all ill should not come into work but will need to call their Line Manager or Operations as soon as possible.
- Where possible, substitute face to face meetings for conference/video calls.
- In the event of a confirmed COVID-19 case in one of our Customers premises, we will follow the advice we receive from Public Health England.
The situation is still developing so please only use reliable sources of information to obtain updates and for guidance: